It’s fall!!! Well, not really in Florida, but I can certainly pretend because it’s my favorite season. Fall means beautiful colors, cooler weather, cozy evenings (again, I’m pretending…), Halloween, Thanksgiving, pumpkin patches, and so many more wonderful things. And, of course, candy corn.
When my friend Beth posted a recipe for Candy Corn Bark, I just had to try it. I had a feeling that the color combination would be lovely and it did not disappoint. Moreover, it turned out to be absolutely delicious! It’s a great treat to keep at home for the whole family to enjoy, but it’s pretty enough to give away to friends, etc. as little gifts. AND it’s super easy to make.
24 oz vanilla-flavored candy coating, chopped
2 cups broken, thin pretzel sticks (I used gluten free thin pretzels instead)
2 ½ cups candy corn
You will also need cooking spray and waxed paper.
· Spray a 15x10x1 Inch pan with cooking spray. Line with waxed paper.
· In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave the candy coating on high for 1 minute 15 seconds. Stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
· Stir in pretzel pieces and 2 cups of the candy corn.
· Spread mixture evenly in the pan.
· Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of candy corn evenly over the top; press in lightly.
· Let stand one hour or until completely cooled and set. (After it had cooled, I had to stick it in the fridge because it is so warm in our house that it was still a little melty)
· Break into irregular 2 to 3 Inch pieces (or whatever shape you want) and store at room temperature (or in the fridge if your house is really warm)
That’s it. Isn’t that amazingly simple? You should really give it a try. My whole family is addicted.