Monday, May 16, 2011

A New Resolution

I am a very opinionated person, in case you haven't noticed. I am, however, also a very tolerant person. The only problem I have is while I can accept certain truths about humanity, I cannot understand them. And I lie in bed at night, unable to sleep, trying to come up with answers. I am very seldom successful. It makes my life much harder than it has to be.

Therefore, my dears, I have made a new resolution. To just accept the things I cannot change and not obsess about them. Instead I will try to focus my energy on the things that I CAN change. Be available to people who want and need my help, and accept it when my opinion is not wanted, even when it hurts my heart.

There is so much hate, cruelty, torture, mistreatment, anger, sickness, loneliness, unfairness, etc. (the list of negative things is very long) in this world and I will never be able to fix it all. But hopefully, with God's help, I will be able to make a difference somewhere. That is the prize I will try to keep my eyes on.

And so, I will try to stay away from angry rants and posts that merely state my opinion. Instead I will start writing practical posts that people can apply to their lives, if they choose to do so.

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment